Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A sailor's gf's prayer

As I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. To help me clear my cluttered mind. To help me through these desperate times. To bring my love to me all night. In Dreams where everything feels so right. That even if he can't be here, Make it feel as though he's near As I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my pain to keep. To keep my worries, troubles, and tears, and keep me strong for future years. To help me stand up tall and proud,and crying may you not allow. No tears to weep, nor cry, nor shed. No moments of weakness to plauge my head. As I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my love to keep. To protect my SAILOR through thick and thin. To safely guide him home again. To keep me on his mind all day, to love me truly this I pray. Let no worries cross his mind. Let no fears his heart entwine. As I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my heart to keep. To shelter it from piercing pain, when I accidentally call out his name. When I forget that he's still gone, help me Lord to stay real strong. To gently push away my tears, when I wake up and he's not here.


No comments:

Post a Comment